Print this article

Schroders Launches Private Equity Fund For Thailand's Wealth Sector

Editorial Staff

5 January 2024

Schroders Singapore, part of UK-listed , has partnered with KBank Private Banking to launch a private equity fund in Thailand. The fund is for private investors and underlines continued wealth management development in the Southeast Asian nation.

Schroders Capital, the private assets business of the firm, manages the fund.

The strategy is designed to give “differentiated access” to a “significantly wider and deeper universe of China’s RMB private equity market for private wealth investors in Thailand,” Schroders said.

The firm seeks to tap into China’s private equity market. In 2022, more than 90 per cent of fundraising was handled in renminbi, with the remaining 10 per cent handled in dollars.

This fund is the sixth dedicated RMB fund in the Schroders Capital portfolio.

“Our collaboration with Schroders on a China-focused private equity fund further broadens the investment spectrum beyond listed assets, paving the way for enhanced long-term gains for investors,” Dr Triphon Phumiwasana, senior managing director, private banking business head, Private Banking Group, Kasikorn Bank, said.